European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI)
The European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) is a non-profit organisation active in the field of allergic and immunologic diseases such as asthma, rhinitis, eczema, occupational allergy, food and drug allergy and anaphylaxis. EAACI was founded in 1956 in Florence and has become the largest medical association in Europe in the field of allergy and clinical immunology.
It includes more than 9,500 individual members from 121 countries, as well as over 50 National Allergy Societies.
The EAACI aims at:
- Promoting basic and clinical research
- Collecting, assessing and disseminating scientific information
- Functioning as a scientific reference body for other scientific, health and political organisations
- Encouraging and providing training and continuous education
- Promoting good patient care in this important area of medicine
For more information about EAACI, visit http://www.eaaci.org