Allergy Standards Limited (ASL) is now an official member of the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI). As the world’s most recognised certification mark for asthma & allergy friendly®® products, it was coherent for ASL to be part of the Academy.
What does the EAACI do?
The EAACI is an association including over 50 National Allergy Societies, more than 10,000 academicians, research investigators and clinicians, from 121 different countries, aimed at:
- Promoting basic and clinical research
- Collecting, assessing and disseminating scientific information
- Functioning as a scientific reference body of other scientific, health and political organisations
- Encouraging and providing training and continuous education
- Promoting good patient care in this important area if medicine
EAACI is then an open society and people professionally interested in the fields of allergy and clinical immunology can join the society as a member by submitting an application. The application is then processed and reviewed by the organisation committee before being validated.
Benefits as a member
As an official member of the EAAI, ASL has now access to various benefits:
- Subscription to ALLERGY (European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology) Journal including supplements
- Subscription to PAI (Pediatric Allergy and Immunology) Journal including supplements
- Full voting rights at the EAACI General Assembly held during the EAACI Congress
- Eligibility for election to the Executive Committee and to the Sections’ and Interest Groups’ boards
- Access to EAACI online Members Area including access to all educational material (Expert opinion, case reports, webcasts and slide sets)
- Possibility to apply for the Clinical Fellowship Award and the Research Fellowship Award
Why is it coherent for Allergy Standards to be a member?
ASL’s team possesses specialist skills in a variety of medical fields including asthma and other allergic diseases. Indeed, ASL is an International standards and certification body that prepares independent standards for a wide range of products to declare their suitability for people whose lives are affected by allergies and asthma. ASL has also developed the asthma & allergy friendly® mark, in collaboration with different patient advocacy groups, that can be applied to products that consumers can trust. Products earning the certification asthma & allergy friendly®® are subject to rigorous independent testing to determine their suitability.
European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Allergy Standards Limited, member, asthma, allergy, allergy insights, asthma & allergy friendly®