Why is the product Certified asthma & allergy friendly®?
- Not have physical or chemical properties that are likely to irritate asthma and/or allergy symptoms; and
- Contribute to the goal of reducing allergen exposure.
- But there's still more to it. In order for a comforter or duvet to meet the above requirements, it must meet the following strict standards:
- Outer fabric must be an effective barrier to the passage of allergens;
- Be easily cleaned to remove allergen accumulation;
- Withstand the wear and tear of the recommended cleaning techniques;
- Be "breathable" to ensure your comfort; and
- Contain no chemicals above certification levels that are known to trigger asthma and allergy symptoms or irritant responses.
- However, it's important to remember that comforter and duvets are not encasements, and you should not rely on these items alone. Comforters and duvets are a great addition to other asthma & allergy friendly™ bedding items, that together, help with your asthma and allergy management plan.
What are the product's features?
The National Allergy BedCare Cotton Duvet Encasement offers enhanced construction and first-rate sewing details, beginning with covered zippers and interior fabric flaps for added protection. They precisely cut, piece, and sew the encasements using state-of-the-art machinery and the finest threads. They are finished with bound, reinforced seams throughout, combining to give you a handsome and finished look. You pay a little more for BedCare Cotton, but zipping your comforter into this encasement significantly reduces your exposure to allergens, plus provides a touch of elegance to your bed. Machine wash and dry. Other highlights include:
- Premium-quality, cool and breathable, 100% cotton cover for first-rate allergen protection and a finished look
- Mean pore size of just 2.6 microns, ranking BedCare Elegance as tops in the industry for allergen protection
- High-performing fabric with added construction details for the best in beauty and function
- Extra care in design and construction for a perfect fit, even after repeated washings
- No Latex
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in USA
- Includes our BugShield® Two-Part System
What's inside the product?
The National Allergy BedCare Cotton Duvet Encasement is 100% Cotton and includes the BugShield® Two-Part System: the Zipper-Lock and the Bug Blocker.
The BugShield® Zipper-Lock is an auto-locking zipper that locks the zipper slide in place so that it will NOT backtrack to leave small openings where bed bugs could sneak through. The zipper cannot accidentally open. To open the zipper, the zipper tab must be pulled.
The BugShield® Bug Blocker is an added barrier that closes the last inch or so of the zipper from below to create a fabric shield under the zipper closure to doubly ensure that bed bugs will not be able to get in or out of the encasing. While most sewing manufacturers are going "off shore," we proudly make all of our allergen covers in the USA. Skilled American craftsmen and women know that the care they take in making each comforter cover is important to your health, a job they take very seriously. Each encasing is also individually hand inspected throughout fabrication to maintain top quality. We make our BedCare Elegance allergy comforter covers to last a lifetime.