What Is A Washing Machine Certification Standard?
Washing Machines that are certified asthma & allergy friendly® are tested to the ASP:06:01 Washing Machine Certification Standard.
The Certification Standard utilizes an algorithm of proprietary and recognized scientific techniques to assess Washing Machines for their ability to reduce allergenic and irritant materials during domestic laundering. Submitted Washing Machine models that pass certification testing are granted a certificate stating that the particular Washing Machine meets the requirements for the asthma & allergy friendly® ASP:06:01 Certification Standard.
The Washing Machine Certification Standard includes:
- Capability to reduce bio-allergen levels in test items below limit levels following washing: Demonstrable for more than one allergen.
- Capability to achieve a washing temperature equal to or greater than 55°C(131°F).
- The capability to kill house dust mites by washing is demonstrated by prevention of Dermatophagoides Group 1 antigen resurgence over a four week incubation period post washing in test items previously infested with live house dust mite.
- Certification applicable to manufacturer’s warranty period for washing machine
- Washing capability achieved without exposure above designated limit levels of indoor ozone by-product, ionized particles or VOCs.
All certified asthma & allergy friendly® Washing Machines are associated with a unique certification code.