What Is A Vacuum Cleaner Certification Standard?
Vacuum Cleaners that are certified asthma & allergy friendly® are tested to the ASP:03:01 Vacuum Cleaner Certification Standard.
The Certification Standard utilizes an algorithm of proprietary and recognized scientific techniques to assess Vacuum Cleaners for their ability to reduce allergenic and irritant materials, both when new and after extended use. Submitted Vacuum Cleaner models that pass certification testing are granted a certificate stating that the particular Vacuum Cleaner meets the requirements for the asthma & allergy friendly® ASP:03:01 Certification Standard.
Allergy Standards Ltd (ASL) subjects the Vacuum Cleaner to allergen and particle count-based performance testing to ensure that the Vacuum Cleaner reduces total allergen burden, while minimising any increase in airborne allergen levels.
The Vacuum Cleaner Certification Standard includes:
- Evaluation of capability to remove allergen-containing test dust from carpets
- Evaluation of airborne allergen levels during vacuuming
- Evaluation of the integrity of the air filtration system
- Assessment of the performance of the Vacuum Cleaner immediately prior to activation of bag replacement / receptacle emptying signal and filter change signal
- Assessment of exposure to allergens during bag change or receptacle emptying
All certified asthma & allergy friendly® Vacuum Cleaners are associated with a unique certification code.