Tarkett uses Certification to better use sustainability, drive competitive advantage and leverage their unique assets.
“Customer expectations of all manufacturers, including Tarkett, are rising, and their purchasing decisions are increasingly being motivated by concerns like whether a business has committed to sustainable practices or taken a stand on an issue that matters to them.”
Dhruv Raina, Director of Sustainability, USA.
- Consumers are demanding products that are safer and healthier for themselves and their families.
- For over a century, Tarkett has nurtured and grown into a clear industry leader with a passionate focus on simple, confident customer experiences.
- Opportunity for Tarkett to better use sustainability to drive competitive advantage by doing things in a way that leverages Tarkett’s unique assets and diverse product portfolio.
Research and Insights
- Customer expectations of all manufacturers, including Tarkett, are rising, and their purchasing decisions are increasingly being motivated by concerns like whether a business has committed to sustainable practices or taken a stand on an issue that matters to them.
- Research also shows that customers are aware and ask for transparency. They seek products that enhance their quality of life or technically speaking products that are optimized.
- Tarkett seeks science based strategies and wants to align with organizations that have the technical rigor and marketing acumen.
- Tarkett also looks for partners that help us raise the bar on everything we do such as Allergy Standards and SCS Global Services.
- As a global business Tarkett needs organizations that provide them with a framework of science based principles that could be verified no matter where we live. This union of science and sustainability of humans provided by Allergy Standards is of high value to Tarkett.
Benefits of Collaboration
- The asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Program takes the very simple concept of safe and codifies it to build trust for our customers in our brand.
- Certification Programs helped develop a credible program that kept the organization on track to reduce the embodied carbon of its products, verified by a third party certification body.
- When helping customers to develop people-friendly spaces, Tarkett is able to ensure indoor air quality, health, and well-being with phthalate-free design solutions as well as products having low and/or non-detectable Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) emissions.
- Ensures that sustainability is truly delivering on Tarkett’s purpose and is poised to ensure they have a thriving business now and into the future.
- Tarkett’s goal for 2020 is to have 100% of our products at or below 100 ppm of VOC emissions. A lot of them in our portfolio today are at non-detect levels.
- Tarkett is working towards what now marks a pivot in the role that sustainability plays in Tarkett’s business. It is evolving from primarily sustainability as “doing good” to linking business and societal value; from a singular issue to driving multi-faceted positive impact; from being stand-alone to being woven into all we do, holistically.