Brand Promises for Healthier Homes: Sanitaire, Bissell
“In our industry, cleaning performance is key and we know how important reducing exposure to allergens and asthma can be when cleaning a facility. We’re proud to have secured the asthma & allergy friendly® Certification, an industry-first that helps us differentiate our brand while setting a new standard for when clean matters.”
Patrick Norris, Associate Specialist, Commercial Brand Marketing, BISSELL Homecare, Inc.
- Cleaning performance is critical to a brand like Sanitaire, which has always been among the industry leaders in commercial, portable floor care equipment.
- Consumers are demanding products that are safer and healthier for themselves and their families.
- Securing the best third-party certifications available demonstrates to consumers that Sanitaire’s product claims are supported by the highest industry-standards for testing, providing an important competitive differentiator for the brand in a crowded marketplace.
Research & Insights
- Sanitaire is a 60-year old brand that has continually set the standard in commercial cleaning products.
- According to end user research, Sanitaire vacuums and its competitors are very highly rated in terms of cleaning performance. However, there wasn’t much differentiation within the industry.
- Sanitaire sought out the best third-party certifications, including the asthma & allergy friendly® Certification to support its product claims and raise the bar for its industry-leading cleaning capabilities.
- In support of its newest upright vacuum, the EON™ ALLERGEN, Sanitaire wanted to better quantify to for its users the level of cleaning performance to expect from its newest vacuum and launched a marketing campaign focused on the EON ALLERGEN being “The one for when clean matters.”
- This campaign took the cleanliness messaging deeper, focusing on the education and healthcare industries specifically and targeting the facilities with the highest standards of clean.
Benefits of Collaboration
- The rigorous standards and process of the asthma & allergy friendly®Certification program was valuable from a scientific R&D and product development perspective.
- In fact, it led to several product-enhancing modifications that truly set the EON ALLERGEN apart from its competition and making it the first certified commercial vacuum for allergy-aware consumers.
- The EON ALLERGEN was launched in July 2018 as the first commercial vacuum certified by Allergy Standards and the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, setting a new standard for when clean matters.
- Sanitaire continues to set the standard in commercial cleaning products, being the first in the industry to secure third-party certification to shine a spotlight on its cleaning capabilities.
- The EON ALLERGEN is also LEED qualified and certified gold by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI), the industry-leader for testing soil removal, emissions and carpet appearance.
- Sanitaire understands the importance of reducing exposure to allergens and asthma when cleaning a facility and continues to expand its suite of certified products for its customers.
- Sanitaire continues to work with its partners and retailers to communicate the value of third-party standards, like the asthma & allergy friendly® Certification program, that can meaningfully distinguish products in the minds of health-conscious consumers.