This is an exciting opportunity to join a scaling company and a growing team in Allergy Standards Ltd. (ASL).
We are a values driven organisation, placing innovation, excellence, and value creation at the core of everything we do. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and agile Executive Assistant to work directly with the CEO. This is a great role for a proactive and detail-orientated person, with excellent communication skills, to manage a fun and dynamic CEO’s office. This role is suitable for a candidate experienced in senior executive support roles, or with a strong business and / or professional background.
|This is not a traditional PA role. This is an EA role, for someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset. While it is vital that the day-to-day scheduling and organisational work is maintained, this role is much more than that. In this role you will be working closely with the CEO, to get to know the priorities of the business, and help to plan for success.
What you can expect?
- You will work closely with the CEO to support the day-to-day management of the business
- Be the face of the CEO Office, ensuring the office is operating effectively and smoothly
- Work in partnership with the CEO, representing the CEO as required with the utmost professionalism
- Assist with streamlining business functions
- Drive a culture of strong meeting management, with clear agendas, and process management of issues and next steps
- Manage diary and scheduling for the CEO, including day-to-day, and international travel schedules
- Attend internal meetings to manage notetaking, and transfer of information onto the central database in a timely and meaningful way
- Active action management of actions arising from meetings, And from the CEO’s task list
- Research, prioritise, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns relating to the CEO, determining appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Manage key administrative tasks as they arise
- Manage regular updates and improvements to internal CRM database
- Run system reports to review with CEO
- Support ongoing implementation of process innovations to improve how we work
- You will manage your own projects as they arise, as well as supporting the CEO with projects as they arise.
What we expect
- You have previous Executive and C-Suite assistant experience and / or a strong business and professional background
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- You have advanced office software skills and an enthusiasm to learn new systems
- You have great interpersonal skills, are able to work and establish rapport with team members at different levels of the organisation, and work closely with key business partners.
- You are creative and organised, and enjoy exploring new ways to improve existing processes
- You are comfortable working with confidential information
- You are passionate, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- You have strong research and writing skills. You can create briefing documents and PPT presentations quickly and effectively
- You are a thoughtful and critical thinker
- You are a problem solver and know how to work with initiative
What You Need To Grow And Succeed
- You are a fast learner who can quickly get up to speed with a variety of new systems
- You are comfortable working in an agile business environment where priorities can change quickly
- You are a forward thinker who can come up with solutions and discover new ways of working
- You are a commercially minded, highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient
- You are able to work independently as well as with a team
- You are happy to get stuck in to make sure the office of the CEO is running smoothly
- You have great attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- We are a scaling company, who work at a fast pace to get things done to the highest standard.
- To succeed in this role, you will need to be an excellent communicator, with high capacity for judgment, and strong organizational skills, who is able to secure strong relationships both internally and externally
- Gain experience in a scaling innovation company
- Develop key functionalities
- Work in a company that values learning, education, and a coaching culture
- Complementary access to accredited courses in our ASL Academy, and accredited courses through our network of external training providers
Who You’ll Be Working With
John McKeon Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
John is a medical entrepreneur and currently the CEO of Allergy Standards Ltd (ASL), a company he founded while working as an Emergency Room Doctor.
In addition to his entrepreneurial and business activities, John maintains an interest in university research and knowledge exchange practices. He is an Adjunct Professor in the Centre for Practice and Healthcare Innovation, Entrepreneur in Residence in the Faculty of Health Sciences, guest lecturer at Trinity College Business School, and a member of the Knowledge Transfer & Innovation Committee, Trinity College Dublin.
More recently John completed the Strategic Management of Regulatory & Enforcement Agencies Program, with Harvard Kennedy School, and the Creating Shared Value Program with Harvard Business School, in addition to post-graduate executive education programmes in innovation and medical entrepreneurship at Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford Medical School, the Stanford d.school, Harvard Business School, and IESE Business School.
John is on the Board of Industry Research and Development Group (IRDG), and a Member of the Innovator Circle, Social Innovation Fund Ireland, the Entrepreneurship Society Working Group of the Royal Dublin Society (RDS), the Institute of Directors, the Royal Academy of Medicine, and of the vibrant life sciences innovation network in Ireland collaborating with Enterprise Ireland, Science Foundation Ireland.
As an expert in healthcare entrepreneurship John works with health care entrepreneurs, professional managers, and business owners in life sciences, biotechnology, and medical device sectors to develop strategies to build profitable businesses, clarify their business models for scalable growth, and ultimately improve lives.
- High technology working solutions
- You will benefit from our unique approach to flexible working
- Growth & advancement in a design thinking and dynamic organization, where our values are at the heart of what we do
Job Type / Category
- Full time permanent contract
- Based in Dublin City, Ireland.
Read more about us.
To enquire please contact Emma Coonan