Mold, mildew and dust can collect in your home’s insulation, which can reduce your indoor air quality. It can also release dust and fibers into the air when it’s installed.
But CERTIFIED asthma & allergy friendly® insulation is tested to make sure it is less likely to allow mold and mildew to grow and releases lower levels of particles into the air when installed.
For insulation to be CERTIFIED, it must meet the following standards:
- Free of prohibited chemicals listed in ASP:19-01
- Particles released stay under the ASP:19-01 Certification thresholds
- Has levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that stay below safe levels after installation
- Resists mold and mildew growth