Your bedding attracts allergens and irritants like dust mites and pollen. Because you spend one-third of your time in the bedroom, it’s important to keep asthma and allergy triggers under control.
CERTIFIED asthma & allergy friendly® mattress and pillow covers create an effective barrier against dust mites. Washing sheets, pillowcases and blankets weekly in water that is 130 °F or hotter can kill and remove dust mites.
For bedding to be CERTIFIED, it must meet the following standards:
- Outer fabric must block allergens (e.g. dust mites) from passing through
- Is “breathable” for comfort
- Is easily cleaned to remove allergens
- Withstands the wear and tear of the recommended cleaning techniques; and
- Contains no chemicals known to trigger asthma and allergy symptoms