Cleaning Products US
The asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Program Partnered with Cleaning Products US 2021, the Largest Annual Event Nationwide for the Cleaning Products Industry
The asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Program, which is jointly run by Allergy Standards Limited (ASL) and the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America was thrilled to join forces with the Cleaning Products US 2021 Conference that took place September 29 – 30, 2021 as both a key sponsor and participant. The Certification Program joined other top global organizations and industry innovators during this capstone event which was designed in collaboration with the cleaning products industry to bring together leading representatives from across the home and personal care sector – including household and cleaning products manufacturers, chemical suppliers, regulatory bodies, and retailers – to discuss trends and challenges and share knowledge and ideas.
With leading experts from Reckitt, BASF, P&G, Colgate-Palmolive, GOJO, American Cleaning Institute, US EPA, and more, the Certification Program evaluated the key topics and latest developments that are driving growth and continued innovation within the cleaning products industry.
The asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Program’s participation was three-fold:
- As part of the ongoing mission to improve indoor Air Quality for all individuals, Dr John McKeon, CEO of ASLand Director of Education at the ASL Academy, participated in a panel discussion entitled “Changing Overall Behavior in a Pandemic” with Rebecca Watters of Mintel and Edurne Ozaeta of Reckitt. This panel addressed multi-generational marketing, analyzing how people change their behavior and buying habits and how the pandemic has changed purchasing habits.
- The ASL science team hosted two Topic Tables:
- How cleaning products affect the lives of those impacted by asthma & allergy with an interactive house walk through by Dr John McKeon, CEO; click here to watch.
- An overview of the Certification Program’s Cleaning Products Standard by Emer Duffy, Ph.D., Science Lead; click here to watch.
- The Program was a key sponsor at Cleaning Products US 2021, where attendees visited its virtual booth to learn more about the asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Program, gain a stronger understanding of the Program’s powerful mission, and find out more about its CERTIFIED client partners across over 13 product categories of building supply, household, and cleaning-related offerings.
Due to the global pandemic, the Cleaning Products US 2021 Conference was a particularly essential industry event.
“We are all spending more time indoors, and therefore prioritizing a healthy indoor environment should be top of mind. Cleaning products and cleaning routines should be seen through the lens of optimum indoor air quality. ‘Cleaning Products US’ was a great opportunity to lead discussions about setting standards, cleaning with purpose, and sharing key insights on how cleaning impacts our health,” Dr. John McKeon explains.
For press materials, interview quotes, and high-resolution photography for the Certification Program and more information about our CERTIFIED client partners, please contact Sarajane Sparks, PR/Marketing for the Certification Program.
Many of these key topics discussed are in our Healthier Homes Awareness For Building Professionals online education course.
What is Healthier Homes Awareness For Building Professionals?
Originally designed to answer the over-whelming demand for healthier homes, this course aims to bring together building science and medical science in order to ensure that the concept of building for people and health is centre stage, rather than the more traditional unilateral point of view for a build. Developed by asthma and allergy science experts at Allergy Standards, the same company behind the world famous asthma & allergy friendly® Certification, the course is available to all those in the professional building and design industries, retailers, and those interested in gaining insight into the creation of healthier homes for all.
The air we breathe is single most important external factor governing our health today. It’s obvious that no one can survive without clean air, yet we take it for granted. The course teaches how to build a better air quality environment for customers. Taking care of customers’ health and helping them make better, more informed decisions when purchasing products and services that effect the very air they, and their loved ones, breathe.
Indoor air quality, healthy homes, certification, asthma, allergies, standards, third party certification, health and well being, COVID-19, indoor environment, cleaning products, conference, Cleaning Products US Conference, asthma & allergy friendly
References and further reading
ASL and the asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Program at Greenbuild’s 2021 International Conference and Its Global Health & Wellness Summit
EEBA Webinar for Launch of ‘Healthier Homes Awareness For Building Professionals’ Now Available To View