Pure Safety™ insulation has up to 65 percent less dust than comparable insulation and is mold and mildew resistant.
Manufacturer : Owens Corning Inc
Date Certified: 2016-11-11
Test Protocol ID: 19-01
Cert. Number: AAFC: 1374/16/19/01/2115
Countries Certified: USA
Why is the product Certified asthma & allergy friendly®?
This product is Certified asthma & allergy friendly® because it is scientifically proven to considerably reduce your exposure to allergens.
But there’s still more to it. In order for a High Performance Insulation to meet the above requirement, strict standards must be met where we:
• Make sure the fiberglass insulation material does not contain any of the prohibited chemicals outlined in our standard;
- Test that the dust concentration, total airborne particle counts and airborne fiber concentration does not exceed our Certification thresholds during installation and room disturbance test stages;
- Measure the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emitted by the insulation in the 14 days after painting to make sure they remain low; and
- Ensure that the fiberglass insulation is resistant to fungal growth.
What are the product's features?
- Up to 65% less dust
- Reduces noise up to 50%
- Class A fire rated
- Mold and mildew resistant
- R-15 thermal
What's inside the product?
Pure Safety™ is a high performance mineral fiber insulation that is UL GREENGUARD GOLD Certified for its low VOC emissions and is UL Validated Formaldehyde Free. Pure Safety ™ high performance insulation is a bio-based product and meets USDA BioPreferred ® guidelines and achieves a certified minimum average recycled content of 65% by SCS Global Services.
Does the product come in different sizes or colors?