What Is A Comforter Certification Standard?
Comforters that are certified asthma & allergy friendly® are tested to the ASP:02:03 Comforter Item Certification Standard.
The Certification Standard utilizes an algorithm of proprietary and recognized scientific techniques to assess Comforters for likely exposure to allergenic and irritant materials, both at the time of
purchase and thereafter when in use. Product samples that pass certification testing are granted a certificate stating that the particular Comforter meets the requirements for the asthma & allergy friendly® ASP:02:03 Certification Standard.
Allergy Standards Ltd (ASL) subjects the Comforter to both physical and chemical testing to ensure that the Comforter does not have properties that are likely to irritate both asthma and allergy symptoms in susceptible people:
- The outer encasing, an integral component of the Comforter, must provide an effective barrier to the passage of allergen
- Allergen accumulating on the outer surface of the Comforter must be removable by the recommended eradication techniques at stipulated intervals
- The Comforter must have the ability to withstand the recommended eradication techniques at the indicated frequency
- The outer fabric of the Comforter must be ‘breathable’ in order to ensure user comfort
- The Comforter must not contain chemicals known to trigger allergenic or irritant responses when present above Certification levels.
All certified asthma & allergy friendly® Comforter are associated with a unique certification code.
Organic Pillow and Duvet from Allied Home Pass ASP:02:16 Feather and Down Filled Certification Standard